Friday 16 November 2012

'Top Chef' host Padma Lakshmi says she's 'like a barter driver' ashore in a model's body


Padma Lakshmi's candid interview (Lloyd Bishop/NBC/NBCU Photo Bank via Getty Images)

Stop the presses. Padma Lakshmi, the beauteous host of "Top Chef," says she's "like a barter driver" ashore in a model's body. Just your run-of-the mill, attractive barter driver. Got that, guys?
In an account with Playboy magazine, the absoluteness brilliant explains how she looks high-maintenance but absolutely isn't, saying, "A lot of men get balked with me, actually, because I am like a guy. Honestly, I'm like a barter disciplinarian trapped in this body. I don't wish to be your best friend. I don't apprehend you to accord me a altogether agenda or forward me flowers. I don't charge adorned trips. You could yield me beyond the street."
The 42-year-old added, "Don't get me wrong. That stuff's nice, but I am a concrete and animal person. I adulation to be held. I adulation massages. I'm just not a Hallmark affectionate of gal."
[Related: 'Top Chef' Judges Hugh Acheson and Gail Simmons Talk Wolfgang Puck and Eggs]
She is the affectionate of gal who puts on weight if she eats the super-rich book presented for the challenges. She accepted to packing on the pounds during the series, which requires her to aftertaste everything.
The Indian-born archetypal explained that she has abstruse a ambush or two from her modeling-career canicule about what to abrasion on camera.
"Having been a archetypal for 15 years, I…know a affair or two about how to dress if I've put on a few pounds," she says. "And I usually accretion amid 10 and 15 pounds over six weeks anniversary season. Then I absorb 12 weeks alive it off."
[Related: Check Out a Recap of Last Night's 'Top Chef']
Divorced from arcane brilliant Salman Rushdie, the mother of 2-year-old Krishna has been in the columnist affliction the harder plan of getting a individual parent. But she's aswell been complex in a absinthian aegis altercation with the biological ancestor of her baby, Adam Dell, whose captivation in parenting she has approved to minimize.
According to the Daily Mail, Lakshmi's "late admirer billionaire Teddy Forstmann aswell set up a assurance armamentarium for Krishna afore his death." The two had been dating for several years, including if she gave birth.
Meanwhile, Lakshmi stays focused on the food. While the cookbook columnist says the appearance has not bigger her cooking, her aficionado is spot-on. Lakshmi notes, "I accept an abundantly acute palate, which is why I can do what I do. If you saw me chop an onion, you would be awful unimpressed. But if I aftertaste a dish, I can usually carbon the ingredients. And if I kissed you, I could apparently acquaint what you had for lunch."

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Treding Now